The most popular h.264 Video Encoder
x264 powers many popular internet video services, such as YouTube, Facebook, and Vimeo. It is widely used by television broadcasters and ISPs.
Streaming capabilities: zero-latency mode (no internal buffering), capped frame-size encoding, slice-at-a-time output, and many other critical features for a low-latency environment.
Periodic Intra Refresh and interactive error resilience offer two effective ways to deal quickly with packet loss.
x264 supports 9 and 10-bit encoding for improved compression and professional applications.
Supports h.264's Predictive Lossless compression mode.
Optimized for ARM
NEON optimizations for CPUs such as the Cortex A8, Snapdragon, and Apple A4 to A9.
Encode Blu-ray compliant video suitable for authoring.
- 8x8 and 4x4 adaptive spatial transform
- Adaptive B-frame placement
- B-frames as references / arbitrary frame order
- CAVLC/CABAC entropy coding
- Custom quantization matrices
- Intra: all macroblock types (16x16, 8x8, 4x4, and PCM with all predictions)
- Inter P: all partitions (from 16x16 down to 4x4)
- Inter B: partitions from 16x16 down to 8x8 (including skip/direct)
- Interlacing (MBAFF)
- Multiple reference frames
- Ratecontrol: constant quantizer, constant quality, single or multipass ABR, optional VBV
- Scenecut detection
- Spatial and temporal direct mode in B-frames, adaptive mode selection
- Parallel encoding on multiple CPUs
- Predictive lossless mode
- Psy optimizations for detail retention (adaptive quantization, psy-RD, psy-trellis)
- Zones for arbitrarily adjusting bitrate distribution
Licensing x264 is an easy 1-2-3 process!
1. Contact us for a Questionnaire
We send a NDA and Questionnaire for you to complete.
2. We review your Questionnaire
We will review your Questionnaire and follow-up with any further questions.
3. You receive your quote
We provide you with a quote and draft license agreement
Commercial licensing for x264 by CoreCodec, Inc. on behalf of x264, LLC
x264 trademark internationally registered by the VideoLAN non-profit organization.
x264 Licensing ©2013-2016 - CoreCodec, Inc.